Sabtu, 09 Juni 2018

Sponsored Links

The Message Canvas Journaling Bible Review - YouTube
src: i.ytimg.com

Message: The Bible in Contemporary Language was created and translated by Eugene H. Peterson and published in segments from 1993 to 2002. This is an idiomatic translation of the original language of the Bible. Messages is translated by Peterson from the original. This is a very idiomatic translation, using contemporary slang from the US rather than more neutral International English, and it falls on the extreme dynamic end of the dynamic and formal equality spectrum.


Video The Message (Bible)



Features

According to the New Testament Introduction of The Message , "contemporary idioms make the message language (the Bible) current and fresh and understandable". Peterson notes that during the course of the project, he realized that this was exactly what he had done for thirty-five years as a minister, "always looking for an English way of making biblical texts relevant to society."

Maps The Message (Bible)



Circulation

Messages are published piecemeal over a period of nine years. The New Testament was published in 1993. The Book of Hebrew Bible Wisdom was published in 1998. The Hebrew Bible Scriptures were published in 2000. The Hebrew Bible Pentateuch was released in 2001. The Book of History was published in 2002. The entire Bible was released the same year and followed the traditional canon Protestant.

The message canvas bible flip through - YouTube
src: i.ytimg.com


Comparison with other translations

Messages is translated by Peterson from the original. This is a very idiomatic translation, using contemporary slang from the US rather than more neutral International English, and it falls on the extreme dynamic end of the dynamic and formal equality spectrum. Some scholars, such as Michael J. Gorman, consider some unconventional Peterson idiomatic disclosures.

Psalm 23: 1-4

New International Version

1 God is my shepherd, I have nothing to lose. 2 He made me lie in the green pastures, he guided me beside the calm waters, 3 he refreshed my soul. He guides me on the right path in His name. 4 Though I walk through the darkest valley, I am not afraid of evil, for you are with me; stick you and your staff, they cheer me up.

King James Version

1 God is my shepherd; I do not want to. 2 He caused me to lie down in a green meadow: he led me to the edge of the calm waters. 3 He restored my soul: he led me in the way of righteousness for his name. 4 Yes, though I walk through the valley of death, I am not afraid of evil: for thou art with me; your sticks and your staff they comfort me.

Messages

1-3 God, my shepherd! I do not need anything. You have put me to sleep in a lush meadow, you find me a quiet pool to drink from. As per your words, you let me inhale and send me in the right direction. 4 Even when the road passes through Death Valley, I'm not afraid when you walk by my side. Your trusted pastor makes me feel safe.

Our Lord's Prayer (Matthew 6: 9-13) )

New International Version

9 Then this is what you must say: "Our Father in heaven, your name is holy. 10 Your kingdom will come, your will be done on earth as it is in heaven. 11 Give us today our daily bread. 12 And forgive us our debt, for we have also forgiven our debtors. 13 And do not lead us into temptation, but deliver us from the evil. '

King James Version

9 Therefore, pray with this: Our Father in heaven, hallowed be thy name. 10 Thy kingdom came, Thy will be done on earth, as in heaven. 11 Give us this day our bread every day. 12 And forgive us our debt, as we forgive our debtors. 13 And do not lead us into temptation, but deliver us from the evil. For thou art a kingdom, and power, and glory, for evermore. Amin.

Messages

9-17 Our Father in heaven, Uncover who you are. Set the world right; Do what is best - as above, so below. Keep us alive with three square meals. Let us be forgiven and forgive others. Keep us away from us and Satan. You are in charge! You can do whatever you want! You are blatant in beauty! Yes. Yes. Yes.


The Message Bible Remix Psalms & Proverbs Audiobook by Eugene H ...
src: kbimages1-a.akamaihd.net


Issue

The Hebrew Bible
  • The Pentateuch: ISBNÃ, 1-57683-196-5
  • History Book: ISBNÃ, 1-57683-194-9
  • The Book of Wisdom: ISBNÃ, 1-57683-126-4
  • The Prophets: ISBNÃ, 1-57683-195-7
New Testament
  • Youth Edition: ISBNÃ, 0-89109-793-7
  • Text Edition: ISBNÃ, 0-89109-728-7
Entire Bible
  • With the paragraph mark (The Message Remix): ISBNÃ, 1-57683-434-4
  • Unmarked paragraph: ISBNÃ, 1-57683-289-9
  • With paragraph marks (The Message: The Numbered Edition): ISBNÃ, 1-57683-673-8; this edition is recognized as the winner of the ECPA Christian Book Prize.
  • Catholic/Ecumenical Edition: ISBNÃ, 978-0879464950

The Message Bible Audiobook by Eugene H Peterson - 9781608143078 ...
src: kbimages1-a.akamaihd.net


References


The Message Bible Large Print Black Premium Leather 9781617471681
src: www.allbibles.com


External links

  • Publisher & amp; FAQ (latest archive version)
  • Messages online text
  • Eugene Peterson interviewed U2 fans

Source of the article : Wikipedia

Comments
0 Comments